EmBe - Flexible Magazine Theme
- Doc version: 2.0
- Created: 10 October 2019
- Last update: 05 March 2020
EmBe is a highly customizable, powerful WordPress theme for newspaper, magazine and blog websites. It is built with the latest WordPress technology.
EmBe is crafted with great attention to details, incredible features, an intuitive user interface and everything else you need to create outstanding websites. It is very flexible, fully customizable, fast and SEO optimized.
We have a dedicated support center for all of your support needs. It includes our Documentation and Ticket system for any questions you have. We usually get back to you within 12-24 hours.
Make your content more appealing, engaging and usable. Get EmBe today and be setup in minutes!
Support of all Gutenberg blocks: It features full support of Gutenberg. Also it has an Instagram, Twitter, Woocommerce and Contact Form 7.
WooCommerce Support: Ready-made WooCommerce Shop for all kinds of products.
Easy to customize: Theme Options powered by Redux Framework, You can easily change the color, font, logo, layout, header, footer, sidebar ...….without knowledge program.
Custom layouts: Many custom layouts for categories and single posts, power by Metabox. View Layout Setting
Responsive Design: This means that you only need one theme for the desktop, tablet, smartphone and other mobile devices.
RTL language: Right to left languages support. Such as Arabic, Hebrew, Persian...
Unlimited color: This means that you can change color for primary color, link color, text color
Page template and Post format: This theme supports 5 post formats (video, gallery, audio, quote, link) and some page templates.
Mega Menu and Smart navigation: This mean your users can access the menu at any time while experiencing your website. It provides a great experience for users when they visit your site. You can add the widgets to Mega menu.
HTML5 Base Template: We used HTML5 in Our Templates to make elegant, modern and SEO friendly website that would be fully functional & represents awesome typography.
Custom widgets: This theme included 6 widgets: Last posts (with 5 style); Posts Featured (4 style); Advertise banner; Custom comment; Instagram; Custom Tags; Twitter. These widgets are included so many options.
One-Click-Import: Allows you to install this theme with all sample data like our demo, just one click.
2. Getting started
2.1. Theme Requirements
The theme can work all almost servers, but we recommends following server settings:
- PHP : Version 5.4 or greater.
- MySQL: Version 5.6 or greater.
- WordPress: 4.x or higher.
Recommended PHP configuration limits
- upload_max_filesize = 32M
- post_max_size = 32M
- max_execution_time = 300
- max_input_time = 300
- memory_limit = 256M
2.2. Renew Theme Support
When you purchase a theme, you will be granted an inclusive 6 months of support for that item. When this expires you can choose to renew your item support for a further 6 or 12 months at a fee. Please continue reading below to learn more about this, or click the button below to read Envato's 'What Is Item Support?'
Our Ticket Support System: https://alithemes.ticksy.com
3. Theme Installation
3.1. Download theme
After you purchase the theme on Themeforest, you can download the theme. Please Note: You can download 2 packages from ThemeForest:
- First is the full package with documentation links and some additional files. You need to unzip this package to find the theme file (zip) to install.
- Second is the package with the theme itself, this is the package you can install directly.
In Case 1, after unzip you can see 4 folder:
- Docs: This folder contains the installation/user guide of this theme.
- Theme: This folder contains all install package of theme (which allows you to install theme on available WordPress websites).
- Plugins: This folder contains some plugins required or recommend.
- Sample Data: This folder contains some files to import sample data as our demos.
- Licensing: This folder contains product license files.
3.2. Install Theme
Install theme via WordPress
If you have already WordPress site, you can install this theme for your site.
- Go to Appearance -> Themes
- Click Add New
- Click to Upload theme
- Click to Browse and choose zip file on your device, then click to Install Now button
- After installing the theme, kindly Active
Install theme via FTP
A further option to install the theme would be to upload it via FTP manager. It really doesn't matter which of the two ways you choose, Use this way when you get problems when installing via WordPress dashboard.
- Login to your FTP account and navigate to your WordPress Installation directory.
- Navigate to the folder /wp-content/themes
- Unzip theme archive zipon your device.
- Upload the "EmBe" folder (not the .zip-file)
- Now log into your WordPress admin dashboard.
- Go to Appearance > Themes.
- Now you will see the theme in the listing, Activate
3.3. Install Plugins
After activating the theme, you will see a notice to install plugins. This theme need EmBe Core and Metabox plugin. Without these plugins, the theme can not function fully. (Important !)
You also need install and active the Embe Demo Import if you want to import our preset demo content.
Kindly click to Begin installing plugins.
Select plugins, At the Bulk Actions, select Install and click on Apply button.
After finished, navigate back to plugin page,
At the Bulk Actions select Active and click on Apply button.
After active the plugin, click to Dashboard on left sidebar to reload page. You will see the Theme Options menu.
3.4. Install Demo content
If you’re aiming to match the demo layout exactly, it helps to have the sample content from the demo installed; it includes the posts, categories, media and menus from the demo content. This is especially useful if you’re going to be following the manual widget placement guide for a theme, as the widget configuration references the demo content.
- Go to Theme Option -> Demo Importer
- Choose the Demo packge
- Click to Import Demo button
- Click Ok
- Wait a few minutes to import the content.
Note: You need to have an internet connection to download demo content and images.
4. Theme Option
Theme Options powered by Redux Framework, you can change the color, font, layout, header, footer, sidebar, etc….There are 2 ways to access Theme Options:
Via Option Panel: navigate to Your Dashboard > Theme Options.
Via Customize Page: navigate to Appearance > Customize.
4.1. General Setting
In this section, you can change the body font, heading font, text and link color…
4.2. Header & Logo
You have 2 choices for logo: Image or Text
- For Logo Text, you can choose the font family, size, color...
- For Logo Image, We recommend you should use the .png format for your logo because this type allows transparent space.
In this section, you can also customize the display of the Top bar: Date time, search box, social icons...
Since WordPress 4.3, you can add a favicon or site icon from WordPress admin area. Follow steps below:
- Navigate to Appearance > Customize.
- click on the "Site Identity" tab.
- At "Site Icon", click on the "select file" button and then upload the image you want to use as site icon.
What is Smart Naviation? When you scroll down the page, the menu does not appear. When you scroll the page up a bit, the menu will appear at the top of the page.
4.4. Home featured posts
Featured Posts on Home page
4.5. Bottom & Footer
Bottom is 4 columns to display the widgets
Footer: you can change the footer logo, social icons, copyright text
4.6. Layout Setting
4.6.1. Homepage layout
4.6.2. Archive layout
In Theme Option area, you can set the default layout for all category, Also you can choose different layouts for each category.
When Edit category, you can choose the layout and sidebar postion:
Remember: You need install and activate the Metabox Plugin.
4.6.3. Single Layout
Many options for single post:
4.7. Off canvas
Off Canvas Sidebar is the part of navigation strategy. The sidebar is initially moved out off the screen and out of view as well.
4.8. Social network
Easily connect your website to popular social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram ...
5. Sidebar & Widgets
What is the sidebar?
A sidebar in WordPress is referred to a widget-ready area used by WordPress themes to display information that is not a part of the main content. It is not always a vertical column on the side. It can be a horizontal rectangle below or above the content area, footer, header, or any where in the theme.
EmBe has 11 custom Widgets:
- Advertise: Display banner advertise
- Comment: Display latest comments
- Instagram: Display new image from your Instagram page
- Last posts: Many layouts for choose
- Module: Display posts from a category
- Aside: Display post in sidebar
- Post Carausel: Display post as slider, sticky...
- About: Display your information
- Category Tabber: Display categories by TAB
- Tags: Custom tags cloud
- Twitter: Display your last tweet
6. Mega Menu setting
1. Go to "Appearance" - "Menus" and select a menu to edit.
2. In "Screen Options" enable a "CSS Classes".
3. For menu item add "has-mega-menu" to "CSS Classes" field and click "Save Menu".
You can also add "columns-2", "columns-3", "columns-4"
4. Go to "Appearance" - "Widgets". Select "[Menu Item Name] - Mega Menu" sidebar area.
Now you can add the Widgets to Mega Menu
7. Update theme
- Backup your website and theme folders completely to make sure you have a restore point in case of any complications.
- If direct customizations have been made to the main theme, they will be overwritten when the theme is updated. We recommended the way to apply the customizations is to use a child theme.
Update using Envato Market (Automatic Updates)
The Envato Market plugin allows you to access your Envato WordPress purchases from within your WordPress Dashboard.
It allows you to receive update notifications and update automatically with one click.
You can download it here: http://envato.github.io/wp-envato-market/
- Install and Activate the plugin.
- Backup your website completely to make sure you have a restore point in case of any complications.
- Navigate to Envato Market , follow the instructions to generate a Global OAuth Personal Token, and enter the Token to the field of the config page.
- You will see the notice of the update when the new version is released.
Update using FTP
- Go to Themeforest to download the latest version of the theme to your device.
- Connect to your hosting via FTP software
- Upload the theme folder you unzipped to wp-content/themes
- You should be asked to confirm overwriting of this folder and its contents. Confirm the overwrite.
- It will take between 10 to 20 minutes to replace all files. Once you are done, login to your WordPress dashboard and go to Theme Options. On the header the theme version will be changed to the latest version. This is the indication that your theme is updated.
Thank you so much for using this theme. If you have more questions relating to this theme, kindly visit our support center:
- AliThemes Team -